10 Cool Things About Dr. B
1. For two years in a row, Dr. Brunner finished in the top 40 cyclists out of approximately 1600 cyclists competing (67 mile race) in the EL Tour de Tucson annual event
2. An avid outdoorsman, Dr. Brunner was part of the University of St. Andrews outdoors club while in Scotland which included floating down a freezing river full of rapids with only an inflatable pool flotation device and free style bungee cord jumping
3. Dr. Brunner has approximately 15 years of martial arts experience including Judo, Shaolin Kung Fu, and Lama Kung Fu.
4. Dr. Brunner is the senior author of a multidimensional behavioral science assessment tool for adolescents that has been adapted into 11 languages including Chinese, German, Farsi, and Spanish.
5. Dr. Brunner is one of the Founding Fathers of the Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity at Tulane University. There he was awarded the Balanced Man Award.
6. Dr. Brunner’s Good to Great blogs have been read by over 100,000 people in six countries.
7. For many summers Dr. Brunner worked road construction to earn pocket money in Illinois, which he credits to having taught him what a real full day of work is.
8. Dr. Brunner’s reports have been used by local and nationally recognized organizations including Tucson Electric Power, Pima County Superior Court, and the Department of Homeland Security.
9. Dr. Brunner almost played tennis at the collegiate level. While he attended Tulane University he regularly assisted with the Tulane University Women’s Tennis Team.
10. Dr. Brunner is passionate about mentoring others and over the years he has mentored numerous college students to help them develop into sharp scientists who have gone on to prestigious graduate programs including those at Washington University and Michigan State University.